Profile image for peteking

Wetherspoons – do we really need a 13th pub?

By peteking at 18:29 on 18/11/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for Soobie7

Not really, especially one that will be open in to the smal hours, but I understand there were no other takers for the building and the repairs needed were said to be very costly.

By Soobie7 at 17:18 on 29/09/11

• Profile image for MrBobBobly

Smacks of Wimborne Town Council being desperate to me.

"Oh you're a big, bland, national business...you have lots of money to spend you say? Ooh, please come and ruin our nice little town. The local residents? Oh don't mind them, they'll love being kept awake in to the small hours of the night and won't mind anyone doing a wee in their doorway. Besides residents don't know what they want, but we do, as we're silly old duffer busy bodies who know what's best for this town...and if the residents dare complain we'll just put our fingers in our ears and go 'LA LA LA LA LA' until they go away."

By MrBobBobly at 10:37 on 03/10/11

It appears residents have had virtually no influence over this issue. All we can do is vote with our feet (and our money) and not use it. But that does not solve the problem of a pub that will inevitably increase anti-social behaviour, noise and mess in the town in to the small hours.

By Soobie7 at 10:51 on 03/10/11

• Profile image for DomCar

It will also put pressure on existing businesses in the town in an already saturated market. We have far too many pubs in Wimborne as it is and if the Town Council can't see that then they are fools. IT WILL NOT HELP BRING NEW BUSINESS TO THE TOWN!!!!

By DomCar at 09:54 on 10/10/11

I agree - no-one is likely to come to Wimborne just because it has yet another boring 'chain pub'. People come to Wimborne because it is special and unique with a wonderful character, probably many come because it has so many lovely independent shops and is NOT, yet, another 'clone town'.

By Soobie7 at 10:14 on 10/10/11

• Profile image for DomCar

But the way the Town Council are acting it soon WILL BE a 'clone town'.

By DomCar at 09:39 on 11/10/11

I don't go into Waitrose and I won't be going in to Weatherspoons, but I suspect the drunken yobs of this town will, on the hunt for cheap drink to get even more drunken and yobbie..

By MrBobBobly at 11:28 on 17/10/11

• Profile image for peteking

Don't do you think the old Conservative club would be a great Hotel du Vin?

By peteking at 11:46 on 17/10/11

• Profile image for iano2345

wetherspoons have confirmed to me that it is estimated to open on 20th january

By iano2345 at 12:38 on 19/10/11

I see work has begun. Waste of time, no one will use it.

By MrBobBobly at 00:29 on 10/11/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent