Profile image for che1sea4ever

As a school minibus driver who takes kids to QE School from Cranborne, my heart sinks every time I turn into Stone Lane and join the daily crawl up to the traffic lights hoping the clutch won't be too strained by the time my turn is to turn right.

But this this morning, what a transformation! The queue started about 100 yards before the bridge. This was because the bridge was being repaired due to damage and the access over the bridge was single file in sequential turns. The traffic moved steadily and turning into Stone Lane my bus chugged happily up towards the top of the long winding (usually choc-a-bloc) road, encountering NO QUEUE whatsoever.

Could this be the answer to the problem of Stone Lane.... to stagger the traffic on to it from the Tivoli/The Town side against the Cranborne traffic coming over the bridge bound for QE School/Blandford??

OK there was still queueing but the traffic seemed to flow better than normal.

Could somebody please hit the bridge again so that Stone Lane is not choked or maybe the WDC can look at the aspect of making the bridge single lane, alternating the traffic to and from Wimborne?

By che1sea4ever at 18:42 on 13/02/14

Re-post           

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent